Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Rather Fitting, It Is!

As the unfortunate people who have been with this blog for many years can see...this almost never updated and neglected site has finally received a bit of a face-lift!
I feel it is only fitting, since re-constructive surgery seems to be a favorite hobby of Jesus's.  He has certainly changed my life over the years, and even more drastically so in the recent few.  My, how patient he has been with me, as I desperately grasp for control and fight to the death for everything I thought I knew!

  How thankful I am that my way against The Father's is no contest.  He always wins.  And not for the purpose of defeat, but that I might rest in his fatherhood, knowing that the "big decisions" in life are not exactly mine to make.  He is a good, good father, who knows what we need, and gives the best gifts.

  “Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!”  — Matthew 7:9-11 
  
Right now, as you probably know, we are asking the Lord for children.  We have been asking for three years now, and His answer has been "Not now."  We continue to ask, knowing that our perseverance in prayer is not annoying to Him, rather, he desires our continual petition.  We are incredibly blessed by adoption in more than one way, so we are seeking to add to our family through embryo adoption.  I will be doing a post about the details in time, but for now, I have a specific prayer request!

 Before we are able to proceed with an embryo adoption, we must first "use up" all of our options for biological children.  It is a formality required by our fertility clinic.  Right before cancer treatment, we sperm banked.  Unfortunately, because of how sick Richie was at the time, this sample is really as good as dead.  Although IVF would possibly be more effective, we decided (after a good amount of study and prayer) that if we are meant to have bio children, they will happen through basic AI.  We ask that ya'll would remember to pray for us as we go through this treatment, which from all human perspective can't possibly be effective.  We want to rest in the knowledge that whether or not the procedure produces a baby, we can trust His plan!

   "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"  –1 John 3:1


2 comments :

  1. Praying for you, sweet Lydia.
    (And I really love the new modern update to the blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been on my heart the last couple of days. Actually, this very topic has been brought to me for prayer today and yesterday. Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete