Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spring Yet?

 Such beautiful weather during the day...but oh so chilly in the morning!  
Here are a few pictures taken today.  I'm getting really excited for our first litter of pedigreed New Zealand rabbits.  They're going to be super cute, I'm sure!  I finally named the rabbits, so, with no further adieu,  (drum roll please...)

Oliver (Ollie) the buck

 "Ellen" (due on the 29th)
 "Ida" (maybe pregnant, maybe not?)
  " O LORD, how many are Your works!   In wisdom You have made them all;  the earth is full of Your possessions.  There is the sea, great and broad, in which are swarms without number,  animals both small and great." Psalm 104:24-25


Lilly, bleating and running excitedly towards the trailer:  "Yaaaaaay!  New hay everyone!!!!  Oh boy, oh boy!  Wait...eeeewwwwe...yuck...this is nasty... (disapointedly snorting) Never-mind everyone, never mind."
Poor things, we got them all excited.  This was some throw-away hay given to us for mulch.  lol

"There there now, here's some grain for you poor dejected souls."
Love my sheepies!
Psalm 104:1  "Bless the LORD, O my soul! O LORD my God, you are very great! You are clothed with splendor and majesty..."

3 comments :

  1. I love the names you chose for the rabbits . . . very cute. :) You did a great job picking names all starting with vowels! I can't wait to see some adorable baby rabbits running around and just in time for Easter too. You planned that perfectly. ;0)
    Poor sheepies . . they just never get enough food or love . . . NOT! Everybody looks happy and healthy and enjoying their wonderful life with their beautiful shepherdess. Did Richie take those pictures of you with the sheep? They are beautiful pictures!
    Love you so much~
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing what your first day of spring looked like!! They are beautiful pictures! I especially love the ones with you in them!! : -) Good job on the rabbits' names! They seem to fit them perfectly! Can't wait to hear of the news of baby rabbits! That will be really fun!
    Love you!
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Valerie and Mommy! I was actually working on taking pictures of the sheep with the self-timer today, trying to get good side shots and such so that people can get a better idea of size and structure of all the sheeps :-) So I decided to try jumping in a few, which went pretty well except they'd all get startled when I set the camera and ran back to the spot. They'd all jump aside and scatter, then come running back to me. Mostly for the fun of it, I think. Mommy, I completely forgot that this is the first day of spring! How fitting!

    ReplyDelete