Friday, April 12, 2013

4-12-13

These are a few of the projects we've been working on around the farm.
The first one is a newly planted area along our block wall.  We decided to do a hedge of tea trees and blueberry bushes behind the wall.  Wood chips will go over the black landscape fabric. 
 
 
Yay!  Time to get the garden started!  I planted rows and rows of lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, Kohlrabi and Chard so far :-)
 
Here's what the greenhouse looks like right now. 
 
As the lambs grow, so do their ears.  Mr. Big has found their ears to be just about the right size for a pacifier.  The last few times I've gone down to feed them, I find their ears are soaked with slobber.  Now how is that happening?  I thought. 
Then as I fed the lambs their bottles I watched as Mr. Big came right up and started sucking on Ginger's ear.  Ginger tried to ignore him.  When he got tired of that ear, he moved on the next lamb.  On and on until he ran out of ears to suck. 
 
The lambs visiting with their Dad
 
I thought this picture needed a caption like one of these:
"Did I hear you say mutton?!!!!"
"You ate WHAT for dinner?!!!"
Any better ideas anyone? :-)
 
Muffins!!!!

1 comment :

  1. So, early bird, what happened first, the milking or the blogging this morning?

    As far as what Brownie is thinking, maybe it's "Did I hear the word castration?!!!!!!!!" Or has that lovely thing happened to the poor fellow already?

    ReplyDelete