Thursday, February 21, 2013

2-21-13

Hello!
It's been quite awhile since I've posted (again.)  Well, maybe someday I'll be retired from farming and have nothing to do but blog.  I guess my life would be pretty boring to blog about at that point though. :-)
Richie's been suffering from a cold/flu type of thing the last couple days.  Even with poor health, he's been going to work every day for several hours a day.  He's a tough one I tell ya. 

Yesterday I planted a bunch of pansies!
 

                                                                        And started lots of seeds!

 I finally have some soap all packaged up and ready to sell on our new website!  We had to get a new printer to do the lables. :-)



 The sheep are doing well...poor Elsie is as big as a barn.  She looks so pitiful.  Hopefully those lambs will hurry up and decide to be born.   

Mr. Big is getting bigger every day.  He got to go outside for the first time today.  He's been hanging around the house waiting for me to come out.  He helped me plant some seeds today too.
 He's such a cutie!  The sheep are all terrified of him.  Except for Elsie.  She lets him jump around and butt at her while she lies in the barn and chews her cud.  He likes to chew on my boots. 
Oh, and we got the most exciting news yesterday.  You all know my little brother Benjamin who we adopted about 2 1/2 years ago?  Well, he has a little sister named Marvelous that was born on Valentines day...and my folks are probably going to be able to adopt her!  The whole family is just bursting with excitement.  CPS may have her placed as a foster child in their home as early as TOMORROW morning!  YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THANK YOU LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments :

  1. Hi I have just recently came across your blog and loving it! First do you sell your soap online? If so do you ever make lilac? I am so happy to hear the good news about the baby sis! I have always wanted to foster or adopt and this just makes it worse!!!!

    Keep up the blogging and photos I am enjoying it. May God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebekah, thanks for your comment! I'm glad you are enjoying the blog :-) I sent you a message with more info about the soap and such. Foster adoption is so wonderful...there are a quite a few hoops to jump though, but it is worth it!
      In Christ!
      Lydia

      Delete
  2. Yay! Sure love it when you post a new update, and with such awesome pictures! Thanks so much!!! The flowers are gorgeous. Love the new step and flower arrangements on each side. Such a nice feminine touch! : -)

    Your soap and labels look fabulous! So glad you're back in business!

    We'll be praying for Richie!

    COME ON ELSIE!!!
    Love you,
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, thanks for your tip on the petunia sale...I walked right by them just the day before (was on a B-line for the seeds!) and probably would never have bought any!
      Love you too!
      Lydia

      Delete
  3. Hi Lydia!
    We were all so glad to see a new update from you!
    I love looking at your photos and reading your inspiring everyday farming adventures! ;-)

    Hope Elsie has those lambs!
    I really miss Ellie and Felicity, but Lord willing after college I hope to get a couple of ewes again. I plan on keeping Sterling..... he is just to sweet! lol And if I do get ewes again I'd rather have him than try to find another ram.

    That is so good to hear about Marvelous! We are so excited for your family! It's amazing to see what God can do!

    Praying for ya'll
    Love in Christ~ Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lydia:

      Sounds like youare busy and doing will - your soap looks good . . . I would like to be your customer! Too bad you can't bring the fragrances across on the blog!!! Pray all is well with you and Richie . . . in love and prayer from Tom and me . . . Pat

      Delete
    2. Hannah~ Thanks for your comment! :-) I'm sure it was very sad to see Ellie and Felicity go. But they went to a good home! The man who bought them called me after seeing my ad on Craigslist for petunia's lambs this year. He suspected that I was the one who sold Felicity and Ellie to you. Funny thing is, my father-in-law coached him in Baseball years ago. He recognised my name Tevis from that ;-) They seem like really nice folks.
      Glad you decided to keep Sterling! I'm sure he's glad too! :-)
      I hope we'll get to see you before you go...I'm sure you're very busy getting ready for your big move!

      Love in Christ,
      Lydia


      Pat~ Thank you so much for your sweet comment! Yes, it sure would be nice if we could get the fragrace to come through the website. That would be awesome! Just let me know if you'd like a certain kind of soap, and I'll bring it to you some Sunday morning :-) I've missed you two...seems like it's been a long time since I've seen you!
      Lots of Love!
      Lydia

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the wonderful posts, Lydia! Everything is so beautiful! Keeping you all in prayer and sending much love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy! We think of you often and enjoy your blog very much too!!! Love to you and everyone in MT!!!!!
      Lydia

      Delete