- 1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate square
- 2 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- Preheat oven 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate square.
- Beat the egg whites in a large bowl until foamy. Beat in both sugars and vanilla until creamy, then beat in the melted chocolate. Remove the beaters and stir in the flour, whole-wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt all at once just until moistened.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet. Bake until puffed, about 15 minutes. Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, then cool completely on a rack.