Tuesday, January 8, 2013

1-8-13

Today was an eventful day!
It started early this mirning when I noticed that something wasn't quite right about one of my ewes.  She had  a pretty srious vaginal prolapse going on.  I've never had a ewe do that before, so quickly confirmed via google the proper thing to do. 
Fortunately...I married a very handy guy who can make just about anything you can imagine down in his shop.  Don't know what I'd do without him!  Janet and I ran around gathering materials and he was able to make a prolapse "harness."  If Elsie prolapses again, I think this gadget will do the trick.  I know, wonderful thing to blog about, but that;s the way it foes on a farm :-)
While down in the barn, we noticed that Rosie is looking really close to calving.  SO, Janet and I had some tearing down and re-building of walls to do.  That, of course is easier said than done.  But if feels good to be prepared...it's never fun to go running around like chickens with their heads cut off. 

Richie's doing better and better.  He did a lot of walking outside today, despite the cold wet weather.  He still gets that pain if he yawns or sneezes or coughs, and he's still sleeping in the chair.  But hopefully that will chage soon!

These cookies turned out delicious!  I loaded them with raisins because of the potassium found in them.  With all the sweating Richie's been doing, potassium is one of those thigns he should be getting a lot of.  Historically, his blood has been low in potassium and they've had to give him pills at the hospital.  He hates swallowing pills!  And I hate watching him do it! :-(

Super Good Low Fat Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
1 1/4 c. applesauce
1 egg

2 c. flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
                                                                                   1 tsp salt        
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 c. oatmeal
1 c. raisins

 Mix dry and wet ingredients separately, then mix together.  Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. 
Complex instructions huh?!

No comments :

Post a Comment