Monday, December 10, 2012

12-10-12

Only 2 and a half more days until it’s surgery time for Richie.  I think I speak for both of us when I say we’re feeling thankful that the time is finally here, nervous that it’s such a serious and lengthy surgery , and blessed by the prayers that we have been so covered with in the last few months!

These last couple days I have been feeling especially emotionally sapped.  A lot of scary/sad things have happend and I think of course the upcoming surgery weighs on me a bit.  Pray that the Lord would gaurd my heart, as I know that the enemy is out to kill, steal, and destroy my relationship with the Lord and the joy that He has given me.  I can’t tell you how many days I’ve stopped and realized how badly I am contradicting my own blog title!  Like when I cried sending Richie off to work this morning.  Silly me, I have no reason to do that!     

Sunday a dear friend Sandy suddenly collapsed for the second time in the church foyer.  The first time, she was quickly taken to the ER and recovered with nothing but a bad bump on the head.  Last Sunday, she collapsed again.  This time, CPR was administered before the emergency team arrived and used their defibrillator.  From the looks of things, we were sure she had gone home to be with Jesus.  The victim’s sweet daughter Colleen was absolutely devastated.  Several of us were able to get her seated.  I couldn’t find any words of comfort or assurance, and even if I did, I’m not sure I could have choked them out.  I simply sat at her feet and held her hands tightly.  And we cried.  The words I remember most that day were those of one of my best friends, and former piano teacher.  She told Colleen something like this “We don’t know what’s happening or why, but God does, and he can be trusted.  He can be trusted.  He can be trusted.”  Those words have played over in my head so many times since then.   I trust God with all my heart, but living like I do is more difficult than saying so.  Right now Sandy is still in critical condition, but miraculously alive. Please pray for these two people whenever you think of them!  

Later Sunday we found out that a dear long-time friend of the family named Frank passed away.  Janet used to clean his house for him.  I only got to talk to him a couple of times, but loved that sweet old man from the start.  He was very generous and let us take all the apples we could haul in the pickup from his orchard.  

Today I read an update on some friends who live up in Canada.  I have not met this family, but the Klassen’s story touched my heart.  I met them though some missionary friends who were trained in part by Mr. Klassen.  My friends told the Klassens about Richie and I, and Mr. Klassen in turn committed to praying for us.  The Klassen’s are fighting cancer as well.  What a testimony to the Lord these people are though the pain and hardships they have endured.  My heart aches for these folks.   I hope that you will read their  ***blog***  and commit to praying for them with us. 

I look forward to the day when there will be no more death, no more sadness, no more pain or sickness or worries or fear.  I’ve listened to Hillsong’s You Hold Me Now a couple times today.  I find it to be an encouraging song.  We know that we’re here on earth right now for a reason…to Glorify the God who made us and deserves so much more than we have to offer…but we also know that there is going to be a better day when we go to live in His presence forever.      

On that day when I see
All that You have for me
When I see You face to face
There surrounded by Your grace

All my fear is swept away
In the light of your embrace
When Your love is all I need
And forever I am free

Where the streets are made of gold
In Your presence healed and whole
Let the songs of heaven rise to you alone

No weeping, no hurt or pain
No suffering You hold me now
You hold me now
No darkness no sick or lame
No hiding You hold me now,
You hold me now

In this life I will stand
Through my joy and my pain
Knowing there's a greater day
There's a hope that never fails

When Your name is lifted high
And forever praises rise
For the glory of Your Name
I'm believing for the day

When the wars and violence cease
All creation lives in peace
Let the songs of heaven rise to you alone

For eternity
All my heart will give
All the glory to Your name

5 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing your tender heart. We will especially be praying for your comfort and encouragment in the coming days.

    "But let all who take refuge in you be glad,
    let them ever sing for joy.
    SPREAD YOUR PROTECTION OVER THEM,
    that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
    For surely, O Lord, YOU BLESS the righteous;
    YOU SURROUND THEM WITH YOUR FAVOR AS WITH A SHIELD."
    Psalm 5:11-12
    I love you my precious daughter,
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been praying for both you and Richie every day for several weeks now, and especially as Thursday approaches. Please know that I will continue, and do let us know through your blog how he is getting along in the hospital. You take care, sweetie! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lifting you and Richie up in prayer. Thank you for taking the time to post and I will check here frequently for your updates. Know I am praying for your precious friends as well. Much love to you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you, Lydia, Richie, Mrs. Tevis, and Mr. Tevis! We will always be praying for you!

    Isaiah 41:10

    'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

    Philippians 4:6-8

    Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things.

    I love you all, and will see you tomorrow!

    As a warrior for Christ,
    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lydia~ Dear sweet Lydia Thank you once again for being so real. Most of all for sharing your heart which often speaks to mine. We (The Adams Family) are and have been committed to praying for you and Richie and will certainly continue. God is with us always and that means Thursday as well. I think Isaiah 41:10 is so reassuring,and comforting. I am thankful we serve a mighty God who never leaves us and never forsakes us!
    We love you two!!
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete