Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sheep Shearing Today!

I have 6 sheep.  The thing about sheep is...they have to be shorn.  The rain is coming soon, so I decided today would be the day to get all 4 ewes sheared before they all get wet and soggy. 

The sheep are still at my folks place, so my mom has been feeding them.  As you can see from the pictures, they're a bit on the plump side.  Grandma's been spoiling my babies ;-)

Petunia after her shearing (I forgot to get a "before" picture of her :-( 

Elsie before... 

Elsie after 

June before...

June after 

Lilly before... 

Lilly after (Yes, she's drinking my water.)

I only saved fleece from Lilly this time.  The others were so messy it wasn't worth it.   

Victoria and Caroline sheared Romulus for me several weeks ago.  Isn't he a pretty guy?! 


Here's Valerie with her puppy Snowberry.  Such a cute girl! (Both of them actually :-) 

2 comments :

  1. awww the sheep are so cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look beautiful!! Only bad thing . . . now we can't blame their "fluffiness" on their fluff anymore! (I do enjoy spoiling them . . . just a bit! :-)

    Good job for getting all four sheared yesterday! Whew! On a side note, lattes are great aren't they? : -) Thanks soooo much for the treat!!!

    Love you so much!
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete