Friday, March 30, 2012

Another Month Gone By

Hello everyone!

I’m sorry my page here has been such a ghost blog of late.  I see it's been almost a month since my last post.  Things have been very busy, but there’s really no excuse!

So, because I’ve been prompted numerous times, here’s the update J

Wedding plans are coming along very well.  I have my dress and accessories, the bridesmaids dresses and accessories, most decorations are planned, the favor soaps are all made (I’ve been bagging them in little organza bags these last few days…phew…lotsa little bows to tie ;-)  The main colors are purple, white and silver, as well as some black.  Mommy has been amazing…she’s made so many phone calls and has picked up almost everything we need from the stores in town.  She’s been working so hard! 

Yesterday I worked on planning our garden with Janet, Richie’s mom.  We had a very fun time snacking on chocolate chips, getting hay from the neighbor, and bribing Bessie the cow back into the field where she belongs ;-)  And we even had time to get the garden all planned out!  I’m so excited…we certainly have plenty of seeds to plant, and more than twice as much garden space as I’ve ever been able to work with. (I always got the evil eye from Kyle when I considered expanding the garden…into baseball field. lol)
  Let’s just hope and pray we actually get to see the sun this year!  

Next week our 3 new swarms of Italian bees should be arriving down in Oregon.  Richie bought a couple of Warre hives to try out, and we will use one of my old Langstroth ones.  All of my bees ended up dying this year, because of various unfortunate circumstances.  Ugh.  That’s life though.   From what we’ve read, we’re thinking the Warre hive boxes are going to be better for the bees, and maybe easier for us!    

I had to work on transferring my website from officelive to office 365 the last few days…what a horrible experience it has been!  I’ve spent several years and hours upon hours working with Microsoft Office, and yet they made it so horribly confusing and agonizingly difficult that I just about took Tim Hawkin’s advice to “trouble shoot” my computer.  (You’ll have to go watch his tech support song on YouTube ;-)  You’d think after so many years in the business Microsoft would get the clue that we the people are clueless and don’t understand all their terminology and plans. And the worst of it was, I thought that today was the day when my account (all of my emails and my website) would completely disappear! (Apparently that will happen April 30th if I don’t transfer.)    

Anyhow, that whole mess is over with, thankfully!  For any of you that weren’t in my contact list, I had to change my email, so you won’t be able to reach me at psalm23@crossroadscountryranch.com, gracefulewe@hotmail.com, or lydiabowes95@hotmail.com.  If you want my new email address, leave me a comment and I’ll email ya ;-)  (I won’t publish your comment if you include your email address.)

Well, I better sign off for now.  Blessings to all of you!!!!
Lydia

P.S.
Here are a few recent pictures :-)






       

3 comments :

  1. Thanks for the update, Lydia! I love the photos, too! My favorite photo is the one of you with my wonderful cousin. Have lots of fun! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lydia!
    It was great to hear from you! Glad ya'll are doing good! Sounds like your staying busy, but having fun :-)

    Oh, and the pictures are beautiful!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the post. Loved the pictures!

    ReplyDelete