Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ahh...It's That Time of Year


I have a nice little stash of pie pumpkins this year!  
Today I decided to make some pumpkin butter with some of them.  


I always save the pumpkin seeds for toasting.  They're so good!
3 cups pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon seasoned salt
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.  In a medium bowl, mix together all of the ingredients.  Spread out on a cookie sheet.
Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes until toasted.  


There are several steps in making pumpkin butter.  First you must steam or bake them to soften, purree them, then put the purree and spices in a crock pot for a looooooong time. 

My Grandpa's favorite breakfast food in the whole wide world Monkey Bread.  We are very excited to have him visiting us since we get to eat monkey bread.  Did I just say that?  LOL  :-)  We're having a wonderful time with Grandpa, and I think he's having a great time relaxing up here for a few days.  
Anyway, this is Monkey Bread :-)  Ewy, gewy, loaf of sugar, butter and refrigerated biscuit dough.  Sounds healthy, huh?!

No comments :

Post a Comment