Monday, October 31, 2011

Foraging

I just found a neat website that I thought I'd share.  It has a great listing of all the edible berries, mushrooms, and plants that can be found in regions of the northwest.  I've always been very interested in knowing what edible things might be growing every year on our property and in the surrounding forestlands.  Hey, it's free gardening, and you don't have to spend any time planting, weeding, or watering them. ;-)  What's not to love?  Seriously though, I think this is an important subject...someday it may be necessary for folks to forage for their food...and knowing the difference between poisonous plants and the edible ones could be life and death. 


This site has pictures, descriptions and warnings for every single plant on their website.  Pretty neat stuff!

http://northernbushcraft.com/index.htm

No comments :

Post a Comment