Saturday, October 15, 2011

End of the Season :-(

The garden is about done for the year.  I always have mixed emotions when the growing season comes to an end...it's always nice to have a break, but I know in a couple weeks I'll be missing it...very much!
I try to tide myself over during the winter months by looking at seed catalogues and deciding what to plant next year. :-) 

I have SO many green tomatoes...I don't know what to do with them all!  A person can only eat so much fried green tomatoes and green tomato relish, and I already made a ton with the surplus zucchini. Hmmm.  Any ideas?  Green tomato ice-cream topping...green tomato pudding...green tomatoes for breakfast....green tomatoes for dinner...the possibilities are endless :-)

This is my least favorite time of the whole year for gardening.  It's time to clean things up, which is important, but not at all exciting.  Everything is wet and somewhat slimy.  Yuck  :-)~

These Cosmos plants have been my 'sunshine' for the fall.  I LOVE this plant, it is still bursting with blossoms even in these dark drizzly days!  I can't believe how big they get over the year, and I didn't have to do ANYTHING to keep it alive and happy.  I am definitely saving lots of seeds from these guys!

I LOVE IT! 

1 comment :

  1. Just like those Cosmos flowers, YOU are our sunshine as the beauty of the Lord shines in and through you! Oh, how thankful I am for you!
    I love you,
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete