Saturday, September 24, 2011

Super-Duper, Awesome-Possum, Laundry Soap!

This was a really neat find.  In all my soap making research, I stumbled upon quite a few articles about making your own laundry soap.  What a great money-saver, I thought.
Today I tried it out, and guess what; it took me about 5min total!  :o)
LOVE it!
So here’s the recipe:
½ bar grated Fels Naptha soap  (or any other soap you want you use)
½ C. Washing Soda
½ C. Borax
Water

Dissolve the soap scraps in a pot with 5 C. of water.  Turn off the heat, add borax and washing soda.  Mix well and pour into a 2 gallon bucket.  Fill bucket with warm water up to within 3 inches of the top.  The mixture will thicken as it cools.  This makes about 40 C. detergent. 

You can buy boxes of washing soda and borax for about 5.00 each, and the Fels Naptha soap is under a dollar a bar!  If you make your own soap, like I do, you can use that instead.  I didn’t use any of mine this time, because the store-bought stuff is a little cheaper.  One thing is for sure though; mine smells a lot better than the Fels Naptha.

If you want to, save on old detergent despenser and use it to despense your home-made stuff :o)

1 comment :

  1. I am so anxious to try this! What a super, duper find!
    Thanks for tryng it!
    I love you,
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete