Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Lots and lotsa tomatoes!

Today I turned about 9lbs of tomatoes into salsa.  Well, actually, I'm still making them into salsa.  It's kind of an all day thing ;-)
But thanks to a dear friend who lent me her strainer, the process went quite a bit faster!  I don't know what I would have done without it.

I didn't know I grew a yellow tomato plant!

Now I know what blossom end rot is.  A couple plants of a certain variety are not resistant apparently.  All of my Roma tomatoes are just fine. 

1 comment :

  1. WOW! That's a LOT of tomoatoes! And you have LOTS of patience, as you have waited on them to ripen! And we are blessed LOTS by the fresh, homemade salsa you are making. What a wonderful treat! Thank you soooooo much for all that hard work it takes for such a labor of love. We are sooooooo grateful!
    I love you,
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete