Wednesday, August 24, 2011

New Ukulele!

It finally came in the mail last Monday.  Learning to play the little thing has been very easy, and so much fun!  I can already play any song in the key of C and most in the key of G :-)  I can easily play I'll Fly Away, In the Sweet By and By, Life's Railway to Heaven, Someday My Ship will Sail, I saw the Light, Turn your Eyes Upon Jesus, When the Saints Go Marching In, Leaning on the Everlasting Arms...etc! 

 It's been a little tricky since I'm so used to the chords on the guitar...they are quite a bit different on the Uke.  And you can see in the picture below how different it is as far as size!
I really want to learn to read the notes so that I can become good at finger picking.  I love the sound of finger picking on the Ukulele.  This particular model is great quality and fairly inexpensive; if I decide I like it enough, I may try a concert series type of Uke.  This one is called a "banjo" or "soprano" Ukulele.

No comments :

Post a Comment