Sunday, August 21, 2011

Garden Update 8-21-11

I think this jalapeno pepper is about done!  Now I just need the tomatoes to hurry up and ripen so I can make some salsa.


These giant sunflowers are so much fun!

This is a funny looking Gladiola.  It's the only flower bud on this plant that survived the 'late night snack' some deer had a couple nights ago.

This is what it should look like.

It's hard to see in the picture, but there are a bunch of sticks next to the pretty yellow gladiola...they used to have bright salmon and pink flowers on them.
Used to.

I SO want to wring that deer's skinny little neck.

I know that's not a real kind thing to say, but I've just about had it with those thieving, sneaky, plant devouring critters.   I don't think animals were included when the Bible said not to return evil for evil. lol

I love these perennial sunflowers!   

LOADS of tomatoes!


Oh yeah.  These are the fishies we caught on our pontoon boat trip on Friday.  They're pretty nice-sized trout.  Kyle's going to clean them here soon, and we will probably have them for dinner!

No comments :

Post a Comment