Monday, August 29, 2011

Garden Stuff



It’s been so much fun to be able to can with my own dill weed and garlic this year!  Now I just have to grow and dry cayenne peppers, make vinegar, and find a salt deposit somewhere on the property J

Unfortunately, to this point, my pepper plants have never really thrived or grown more than a foot and a half tall.  Maybe I just need to start them earlier in the season


This morning I harvested and canned about a 5 gallon bucket full of green beans.  They're producing like nuts!  I think they and the zucchini plants are having a contest. 
Hopefully I'll have enough pickles to start sweet pickles soon.
I spent part of the day yesterday trying to get my tomato plants under control.  I can't believe how full of tomatoes those things are.  If everything will ripen in time, I'd have to say this is the best year I've had by far...despite the crummy weather. 
Will post garden pictures soon!
TTFN

1 comment :

  1. So. . .you might say that this year's unusual summer weather has actually been a GOOD thing? (It's okay . . . we can keep it just between you and me ;-0 ) Yeah for cool summers!! : -)

    How blessed we are with your beautiful garden and all the fruit of your labors!

    Thank you for all your hard work and for keeping us well nourished and fed!

    Love you!
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete