Saturday, July 9, 2011

Wonderful Verse

"What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ."  Philippians 3:8 

What is knowing Christ Jesus?  I like the way Mark Hall sums this up in one of my favorite songs “Knowing you.” 

"To know you, is to never worry for my life and
To know you, is to never give in to compromise and
To know you, is to want to tell the world about you, ‘cause I can’t live without you

To know you, is to hear Your voice when you are calling
To know you, is to catch my brother when he’s falling.
To know you, is to feel the pain of the broken hearted, ‘cause they can’t live without you.

More than my next breath,
More than life or death
All I’m reaching for,
I live my life to KNOW YOU MORE
I leave it all behind,
You’re all that satisfies,

TO KNOW YOU IS TO WANT TO KNOW YOU MORE

To know you, is to ache for more than ordinary,
To know you, is to look beyond the temporary
To know you, is believing that you’ll be enough, ‘cause there’s no life without you.

All this life could offer me, could not compare to you, compare to you,
And I count it all as loss, compared to knowing you, knowing you."

No comments :

Post a Comment