Friday, July 1, 2011

We're Here!

We left home only about a half hour later than what we were shooting for.  Pretty darn good I’d say! 

Now that the hustle and bustle of packing is finally through, we can kick back and enjoy this vacation.  (Well, maybe not kick back…I have the feeling we will be all over the place.  But, that’s a good thing.  I don’t do well sitting around doing nothing for more than a couple hours anyhow. ;-) 

The getting up and going is always the challenging part.  There are always plenty of things to remember...that we...forget. 

10 people and 3 dogs in a camper for 5 days requires a lot of “stuff.”   

I try not to pack like a typical girl (You know…everything but the kitchen sink.)  But  my bulging backpack and computer bag proves I’m not trying quite hard enough.  Lydia, do you really need a change of clothes for every day?  ‘Course I do!   Better safe than sorry!    On the other hand, I’m a huge fan of making things simpler and living “primitive” (if you can call it that..I have INTERNET in our tent;-) for a few days.  Honestly, I think we did pretty well. 
 I supplied the bees with 6 quarts of sugar water.  Hopefully that will be enough!  I drenched the garden this morning too.  At least if it dries to a crisp I won't be there to see it happen :-) 

 That's what the camper looked like ;-) ...before we all piled in.

Let's just say things always get rather entertaining in there. 










*************************************************

You know you're from the country when everyone is excited about walking around in the Fred Meyer across from our hotel.  That's where most of the family is at the moment.  LOL 

Ta ta for now!

No comments :

Post a Comment