Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Slugging...

...It's the new sport :-)

You must be a pretty devoted (or maybe I should say crazy) gardener if you’re willing to get up in the middle of the night to catch slugs. 

From about 1:00AM to 1:45AM I walked through the potatoes and lettuce with a flashlight gathering slugs. 

 Revenge at last!!!  Now I have a jar full, and I’m trying to decide what in the world to do with the little things.  Chicken dinner?  Salt? Frying?  Oh decisions, decisions.    

All slugs can lay eggs, and each one can lay up to 800 a year.  So every little slug I catch counts!

1 comment :

  1. No doubt, you'd win the gold medal in "extreme slugging"! I'm sure there aren't too many folks that are so dedicated as to set their alarm at 1am and go slugging! That takes lots of dedication, discipline and down right determination! And word has it here around the farm that slugging could also be a potential lucrative business for any young entrepenuer . . .with big sis paying five cents a slug! Those slugs don't have a chance! :-)

    Cheering you on!
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete