Monday, July 11, 2011

Romans 8:25-26

 Another verse I love:

Romans 8:25-26
"But if we hope for what we do not have, we wait for it patiently.  In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.  We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." 

Wow!  Isn't that a thought?!  That the Spirit literally takes our requests to God, and pleads for us with groans that words cannot express. 

Sometimes my emotions are overwhelming, and in my weakness, I can't even find more words to explain to Him the requests that I have.  But the Spirit knows exactly what I am thinking, and trying to pray.  Sometimes it seems like He would get tired of hearing the same ol' things from me all the time, but I KNOW that is not the case.  I don't have to try to re-word things to sound different when I am praying for something I already prayed for 30 seconds ago.  He knows my heart, and no matter how I say it, He's going to understand.
All I can say is...
...what an INCREDIBLE God I serve. 

No comments :

Post a Comment