Monday, July 18, 2011

July 18th 2011

It’s been a busy day.  I am so blessed to have been given another one!  

I made two batches of soap, which amounted to 40 sheeps and 36 bars.  I’m about a quarter of the way through to meet my 160 bar order. (They should have all been made 2 weeks ago since it takes 4 wks to cure.)  There was a shortage of coconut oil that prevented me from making soap for awhile.  My client is rather “put out” which is stressing me a little.

 
Checked on the bees, they’re all alive and busy at least.  One hive is storing tons of honey in their brood frames.  I don’t think that’s normal.  The bees that I captured have built a billion queen cells…I don’t know exactly what they are thinking.  They only need one queen!

See the bee lavae in the open cells? 

          Those big bumps are the queen cells  

 It seems, no matter what sort of creature I buy, I always end up getting the peculiar one out of the bunch.  It’s been that way with most of the animals I’ve owned.  None of them are just…normal like everyone else’s. 
















But what would life be like without all these interesting issues and abnormalities, anyway?!  If everything always did what it was supposed to, life would be rather monotonous.  (Not to mention I’d actually have money and lots of people like vets would be out of a job. :-) 


No comments :

Post a Comment