Monday, July 25, 2011

Another post about not worrying.


Do you sense a popular theme here at this blog? ;-)  Some of you are probably tired of my "don't worry, God is sovereign" posts!  My deepest apologies. lol 
I’ve probably posted this verse here once...or twice...or a few times.  But it has been on my mind for the last few days, so I thought I’d post it again:

Psalm 37:4-5
“Delight yourself in the LORD;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him, and He will do it.”

I've been thinking about what “delighting” yourself in the Lord means, practically speaking.  What does it look like to delight yourself in the Lord?  

 Definition of Delight is “: a high degree of gratification: joy; also: extreme satisfaction

Someone who delights on the Lord would:
Find joy and peace in reading his Word
Enjoy constant prayer and communication with him
Thank him constantly for what he has done
Seek to bring him glory
Want to please him in everything that is said and done
Be joyful because of his sovereign plan

He is satisfied, content, joyful, thankful and peaceful.

I have a long way to go. 

He knows the deepest desires of my heart, the ones that only a few people really know, and the ones that maybe nobody knows.  Every single specific dream or longing, or hope.  I bring those desires to him constantly.  I must admit, it’s so hard to know how to pray sometimes.  I keep telling him how I’d like to see things go, but is it what God wants for me?  I keep on asking him.  He has revealed so much to me in the way of answered prayers, and yet I still struggle with wanting to know exactly what his sovereign plan is.  But it is not for me to know, otherwise he would have given us a way to look into the future!  :-)

“When you look over what it was you worried over last week, did it happen?  Was it worth the worry?  If it was—and the worst thing you could imagine happened, where did the worry get you?”  ~Unknown

No comments :

Post a Comment