Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"Nothing Worthwhile is Ever Easy."


I see this lesson in so many things.  My garden in particular.  Anything I want to grow is difficult, and it requires meticulous care in weeding, fertilizing, pruning, and protecting from critters who are out to devour and destroy.  

All of the things that are most important to me in my life—the fundamentals of living out a God-pleasing life—are like my plants.  I want to cultivate them, and grow them, and see them blossom.  

But the enemy is keen, and his greatest joy would be to see me:
 Writhing in pain and agony, despairing and worrying, anxious and un-settled, un-happy, miserable, and hopeless.  He wants to see my communication with my Father cut off, he wants to see me dry up because of my deficiency of the refreshing Word of God.  He wants to see me up all night, and distressed all day, proving to myself my utter lack of trust and faith in the Almighty.  He wants to see that flame of hope and joy drowned and extinguished by my own apprehension and fear.  

By discovering just what the devil would like to see, I am given a clearer vision of the raging battle against evil in my heart.  This is where I am. 

What the Father wants from me is:
 A constant dialog, communication through prayer and thanksgiving all day long.  He wants to see my persistence in prayer; he wants my full concentration, attention and devotion.  He wants to take all of my anxiety, any of my fears, and he wants to exchange them with hope and peace that can only be found through trusting that he has always had a plan, and will bring his WILL to full completion no matter how badly I manage to mess things up.  He wants to see me patiently waiting for him to act, and with that a joyful countenance.  

Psalm 5:3
“My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning I will direct my prayer to You, and I will look up.”

Psalm 55:17
Evening and morning, and at noon, I will pray and cry aloud; and He shall hear my voice.

1 Thessalonians 5:17
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus

2 Timothy 1:7
  “For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and of discipline.”  

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Psalm 37:7-9
Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act.

Romans 5:4-5
"And not only so, but let us have joy in our troubles: in the knowledge that trouble gives us the power of waiting. And waiting gives experience; and experience, hope: and hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."

No comments :

Post a Comment