Thursday, June 23, 2011

June 23rd 2011

The last couple of days have been busy.  Busy for me in the sense that I have been sitting here at the computer typing in some very important answers to some very important questions…such as “Who is God”  “Why is there Evil in the World” and “Is God unjust to send sinners who have never heard the gospel to hell?" The last of these questions was probably the most difficult for me.  I have learned so much though, mostly through reading Romans 1:18-24.  This is an area of much controversy among Christians, but I believe that Romans 1 explains the concept that “they are without excuse” thoroughly.  I don’t believe I will ever FULLY understand this mystery of the gospel, but I also understand that God does not require us to ‘know everything’ but rather to trust completely in his inspired word.  

I love answering these questions; they are the kind of thing I thoroughly enjoy writing about.  The personal questions were a little harder, but it always feels so good to write everything down; and to pour everything out onto paper.  I probably should have considered spreading the questions out over at least a few days, but I just couldn’t help myself :-)  When I get a mind to do something, I usually do it right then and there.  Tonight when I told Daddy that I was finished and had read it all aloud to Mommy already, he just laughed a lot and said “Oh I figured!”  He knows me pretty well.  I wasn’t at all trying to rush through it; (in fact, I think I exceeded the 3 paragraph limit a couple times) I take this very seriously (but of course had to include a little humor here and there ;-)  If I don’t stay light-hearted through this, I think it could potentially be way more difficult than it needs to be.  

The words just came to me much easier than I expected.  I was constantly praying for that, for me and always, always, for the other.  That God would give us the wisdom and knowledge that I know He wants us to have so that we can grow closer to Him in every area of life and live our lives in a way that is pleasing to Him.  No matter what happens, no matter how hard the waiting and the wondering gets, He will be with us through every step. I write this with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes (and more of them dripping all over my lap. ;-)   God is so good!  Thank you Jesus, for all of your blessings.  I feel His peace, and (besides the very occasional butterflies and stomach flips) I am not worried!  :-)   

No comments :

Post a Comment