Friday, June 24, 2011

I CAN do ALL THINGS!

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise."

1 Corinthians 3:18
"Let no man deceive himself.  If any man among you thinks that he is wise in this age, he must become foolish, so that he may become wise,  For the wisdom of the world is foolishness before God."

Answering these pre-courtship evaluation questions has really humbled me, and has shown me that, if I think that I am 100% perfectly prepared for such responsibility, I will fall flat on my face and be disappointed in myself when I realize that I am NOT. 

I am completely incapable of handling anything WITHOUT the Lord's help.  I am trusting in him to continue revealing himself to me every day.  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." 

You know what "all things" means in the Greek (before the Bible was translated to English?)

  ALL THINGS!!! ;-) 

Which would seem to include courtship and marriage, raising  and teaching children,  homemaking, growing in character, and trusting everything into His care.

No comments :

Post a Comment