Wednesday, June 22, 2011

6/22/11


Today was an interesting day.  Mostly because of what we discussed in our “family time” this morning.

I will apologize in advance for my lengthy post.  Writing things down is always rather relieving.  So bear with me as I pour out what’s on my heart at this time.  :-)

I believe that we are entering into a new chapter of life, at times the thought of it is rather overwhelming.  Things aren’t as simple as they were 5 or 6 years ago, when cares and trials were lighter and sometimes almost non-existent.  But the Lord is ever faithful, and I see this not only as a challenging time of bridling my anxiousness, but also a blessed time, with opportunities to grow closer to my Savior as I continue to learn to lean on Him rather than my own understanding.  

For some time now my parents have been diligently considering, and constructing a list of our family’s standards for marriage preparation---that is, pre-courtship, and if after that step we see eye-to-eye, courtship, and if we still agree on everything, engagement which should be a short time of the prep for marriage.  

I know for some people, this is a completely foreign idea, why in the world would you go through all of that trouble?  Marriage is a serious, life-long commitment, and our family has chosen not to adopt the culture’s practice of date-and-drop until you decide you like someone enough.  A union built exclusively on the foundation of having similar movie preferences…or foods…or whatever else…probably isn’t going to last long.  

“God will never ask you to do something that he will not give you the strength to do if you ask of him.”   ~Mike Kessler

Philippians 4:13
   "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

 “I know I’m not strong enough to be everything that I’m supposed to be, I give up, I’m not strong enough.  Hands of Mercy won’t you cover me Lord right now I’m asking you to be strong enough…for both of us.”  
~Matthew West “Strong Enough” (I would encourage anyone to listen to this song if you’re going through any sort of trial! :0)

This is what I am asking of all of you; dear family.  Please PRAY for strength for both parties concerned.  We could all use and extra dose of wisdom and strength, patience and perseverance!

The only place I want to be is in the center of God’s will...anywhere else is frightening and dangerous.  

Please ask Him to give me, and us, a humble spirit, peacefulness, and an ever stronger understanding of what His will is for our lives.  Pray that I would not be afraid, neither fretting nor worrying over what “could happen.”
   
 2Corinthians 12:9
“But He said to me; “My Grace is sufficient for you, and my power is made perfect in weakness.”  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weakness, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.”  




Doing things God’s way is always worthwhile…

…And anything worthwhile is never easy.

No comments :

Post a Comment