Monday, April 4, 2011

Poem from 2009

Words  
Sometimes taken for grated,
Often spoken without thought,
Rarely ever meaningful,
Likely to be up-building they are not.

How great a damage a thoughtless word can do,
Even those with a meaning I  never meant them to.

I wish that they had not been spoken,
Oh how those words I  regret,
Though they seemed fine at the time,
I  now desire to forget. 
,
Lord teach me how to tame my tongue,
And how to say what’s right,
So that all of those I meet each day,
Will see your reflected light.


1 comment :

  1. Amen and ouch! This surely speaks to my heart! Thank you for this exhortation! I pray the same prayer... that He would help me better tame my tongue for His glory. It's interesting that there are many verses in the Bible that speak both about the negative use of words and the POSITIVE use of words. It is so encouraging to read what the positive ones can do!
    "An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up." Prov. 12:25
    "A man finds joy in giving an apt reply~and how good is a timely word!" Prov. 15:23
    "A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver." Prov. 25:11
    "Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones." Prov. 16:24

    "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and me Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

    I love you,
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete